Deadline: June 15th, 17:00 CET
EUHUBS4DATA launches an open call to select new DIHS to be the part of the federation of Data Driven Innovation Hubs.
The project has allocated 1.080.000 EUR as financial support to the new DIHs in different activities.
This open call includes the BDVA i-Spaces call for labels 2021 as the way to assess the quality and relevance of candidates. Validated BDVA i-Spaces with the highest rank and additional regional coverage of the federation will be recognized for funding.
June 15th, 17:00 CET
You can access here the video and the slides of the webinars organized bye EUHubs4Data. Details about the most relevant aspects of the open call, the scope and the evaluation were addressed
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The project EUHubs4data is looking for 18 new driven DIHs to enlarge the current group that composes the European federation of data-driven Innovation Hubs. The project joins forces with the Big Data Value Association (BDVA), and combines in a single open call: (1) BDVA i-Spaces call for labels 2021 and (2) EUHubs4Data call for DIHs.
Candidates are asked to complete a questionnaire to evaluate if they meet the criteria established by BDVA to be recognized as i-Spaces 2021. From this list, EUHubs4Data will select the 18 DIHs with the highest rank and located within regions not currently covered by the federation to be part of the project receiving financial support. The 9 highest ranked DIHs will incorporate to the project already in 2021, and additional 9 DIHs will incorporate in 2022.
New DIHs are expected to participate in the following activities of the project:
- Integration of assets in the federated catalogue
- Support to experiments where their services are selected (two open calls for experiments will be organised, information from the 1st call can be found here: https://euhubs4data.eu/1st-open-call).
- Dissemination of the project and activities
9 NEW DIHS INCORPORATED IN 2021
READY TO SUPPORT EXPERIMENTS SELECTED IN THE SECOND CALL TO BE LAUNCHED IN DEC 2021
9 NEW DIHS INCORPORATED IN 2022
READY TO SUPPORT EXPERIMENTS SELECTED IN THE SECOND CALL TO BE LAUNCHED IN DEC 2022
2. WHAT IS IN FOR YOU?
Access to knowledge, data sharing and data space techniques, and implementation practices and experience.
Close connection and collaboration with other relevant DIHs in Europe.
Be part of a complete ecosystem and the future European federation of data driven DIHs.
Increase international visibility and improvement of your service offering.
Added value to your local ecosystems of SMEs, grant them access to a complete portfolio of services, data and training programms.
Verifiable visibility at European level.
Participation at events and other additional relevant activities.
3. DETAILED BUDGET
|FIXED BUDGET||300K Euros||22K Euros / DIH||11K Euros/DIH|
|* VARIABLE BUDGET
(SUPPORT TO EXPERIMENTS)
|780K Euros||315K Euros in total||465K Euros in total|
* Note: although the final involvement will be based on competition with other experiments and DIHs, some measures will be taken to keep the balance of participation of new DIHs in experiments.
4. ELEGIBILITY CRITERIA
TO BDVA I-SPACES CALL FOR LABELS:
Any data driven initiative in Europe based on the following countries:
- The member States (MS) of the European Union (EU), including their outermost regions.
- The Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to the Member States. Entities fron OCTs are elegible for funding under the same conditions as entities from the Member States to which the OCT in question is linked.
- H2020 Associated countries: according to the updated list published by the EC
- The UK applicants are elegible under the conditions set by the EC for H2020 participation at the time of the deadline of the call.
TO EUHUBS4DATA CALL FOR DIHS:
- Coordinator of a DIH included in the European Comission DIH’s catalogue (https://s3platform.jrc.ec.europa.eu/digital-innovation-hubs-tool and with technical competences in “data mining, big data and database management”.
- Based on a region (NUTS-2 region) not currently covered by the DIHs of federation (see https://euhubs4data.eu/members/).
Note: As preliminary condition to be selected for funding, applicants will have to meet the criteria to be recognized as BDVA i-Space 2021
6. HOW TO APPLY?
EUHubs4Data have organized two informative webinars (22th Apr 2021 and 6th May 2021) to explain in detail the most relevant aspects about the open call, the scope and the evaluation. You can access here the video of the webinar and the slides used during the presentation.
If you need any further assistance please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with us through our social media.