ONTARIO will extend Digiotouch’s cloud-based Paradise platform delivering the secure, trustworthy, and privacy-by-design marketplace.
ONTARIO will enable Circular Economy (CE) for food & bio waste through a cloud based marketplace and data space. At present, farmers, food producers, other bio waste producers lack motivation (and perception to recognize the environmental, economic, and social value of waste) to dispose food and bio waste because they lack direct access to a CE solution. ONTARIO will extend Digiotouch’s cloud-based Paradise platform delivering the secure, trustworthy, and privacy-by-design marketplace. The project will also implement a green deal data space with open data on food loss and waste. ONTARIO dataset will enable Big Data and AI tools to generate food waste patterns across European regions allowing prediction of type, quantity of food/bio waste (among other insights) generated. Digiotouch envisions validating the marketplace in Tallinn.
Digiotouch has developed a cloud based, secure marketplace where close-to-expiry, ugly food can be sold to food processors transforming them into high quality, edible food products paving way for an European circular economy. An MVP of the marketplace has been achieved which will now be piloted (pre-commercial pilot) with Know Center colleagues at Graz, Austria.
Main Results of the 1st stage of the programme: Digiotouch has developed a cloud based, secure marketplace where close-to-expiry, ugly food can be sold to actors who transform them into other food products paving way for circular economy. The marketplace has been internally validated at TeraLab infrastructure and a detailed business plan has been prepared with assistance of Know Center.
- Bringing the “supply/demand” actors for food, bio waste into a cloud-based marketplace accelerating the transition to circular economy.
- Implement and validate a green deal data space with food loss and waste datasets
- Big Data and AI based prediction tool for generating food and bio waste patterns.
- Cloud based marketplace accelerating transition to circular economy
- Automatic data portability tool to populate ONTARIO data space
- Big Data and AI based tool generating insights on type, quantity of waste generated at European regions allowing a prediction of waste generation
Within 12-18 months of commercial launch, ONTARIO targets:
- 1 metric ton edible food waste avoided getting into landfill and sold through the marketplace and
- 250kg of inedible food waste getting recycled to composting bringing rich nutrients back to European agricultural soils.
The key exploitation result of ONTARIO is the resulting cloud-based marketplace for transitioning into circular economy. It will be launched in Estonia.
|KPI definition||Unit of measurement||Expected value at Month 5||Expected value at Month 10|
|KPI 1 - No. of datasets combined into the ONTARIO dataset||No. of datasets||5||10|
|KPI 2 - Newly developed software components for ONTARIO marketplace||No. of software components||3||7|
|KPI 3 - Cloud and HPC computing environment||Computational hours||1000||4600|