Plan4all is a digital innovation hub (DIH) for cooperation and experimentation. The key focus is on geospatial or location based open data and their utilisation in different domains including spatial/urban planning, rural development, transport, environment, tourism and precision/autonomous farming.
The headquarters of the Plan4all DIH is located in Horni Briza in the Pilsen Region. However, the Plan4all DIH operates worldwide.
The Plan4all association is an umbrella organisation of 60 partners from 22 countries including public bodies, universities, research organisations and business partners.
The Plan4all DIH is coordinated by the Plan4all association, a non-profit organisation sustaining and further enhancing results of multiple research and innovation projects. Plan4all aggregates large open datasets related to planning activities in different specialisms and makes sure that open data are easily accessible for reuse, data are maintained and their quality is improved.
Plan4all is a proud member of the Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN) initiative, Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), Big Data Value Association (BDVA), Research Data Alliance (RDA) and the Group on Earth Observation (GEO).
Infrastructures and services
The key services of the Plan4all DIH include:
• building a competence centre in the area of data and service interoperability, especially in the form of hackathons, webinars, workshops, conferences and networking.
• supporting mutual learning and closer cooperation of public-private partnerships.
• conducting research and experimental development, and to publicly disseminate results of these activities, especially in the form of knowledge transfer, publications, presentations, lectures and participation in research, innovation and collaborative projects.
• protecting, developing and disseminating results of research and innovation projects financed by national and European framework programmes.
• supporting business ventures including start-ups and spin-offs.
• supporting open data, open access to scientific information and open source software, especially in the form of a digital innovation hub for open data and by operating an open spatial data system with worldwide coverage.
The Plan4all DIH is a founder and the main organiser of the INSPIRE Hackathons. The INSPIRE Hackathon is a collaborative event for developers, researchers, designers and others interested in open data, volunteered geographic information and citizen observatories.