PRODUTECH DIH results from the consolidation of 2 DIH initiatives, PRODUTECH DIH PLATFORM and iMan Norte Hub, operating since 2017, when the EC catalogue was launched. With the mission to support digital transformation of the Manufacturing Industry, PRODUTECH DIH PLATFORM had on its genesis the function already assumed by PRODUTECH and its members, a national coverage (Portugal) and a comprehensive focus on Production Technologies and Manufacturing Industry, while iMan Norte Hub having on its genesis BeInCPPS EU project, had a regional coverage (Norte Region Portugal) and a focus on robotics and cyber-physical production systems.
The PRODUTECH DIH has a comprehensive national coverage encompassing the regional dimensions and the relevant stakeholders, and notably comprising Competence Centers and Labs, R&D organizations, Sectoral technology centers, Industry Associations, Production Technology Providers, leading users from the manufacturing industry, SMEs, Start-ups, Education/Training Centers and Incubators/Science parks and civic societies, and the articulation with National and Regional Authorities, Venture Capital organizations and public agencies.
PRODUTECH DIH being the consolidation of both DIH initiatives is coordinated by PRODUTECH and integrates several Competence Centers, among which several are promoting data driven services, experimentation and collaborations and notably the following partners:
CCG a private, non-profit research, development and consultancy association belonging to the Portuguese Research and Innovation Non-Business Entities System and recognized as a Technological Interface Center, in computing graphics, information technologies, communication and electronics domain.
GECAD (Research Group on Intelligent Engineering and Computing for Advanced Innovation and Development), a research unit from ISEP, having as mission the promotion and development of scientific research in the Knowledge and Decision Sciences domains, and Information Technologies as support.
INESCTEC a private non-profit research institution, dedicated to scientific research and technological development, technology transfer, advanced consulting and training, and pre-incubation of new technology-based companies.
UMINHO a public, state-funded, academic institution in the Northwest of Portugal. Is a research University, engaged in the valorisation of the chain Knowledge-Research, Development and Innovation
UNINOVA a multidisciplinary, independent, and non-profit research institute employing around 180 persons, located in the metropolitan area of Lisbon. UNINOVA pursues excellence in scientific research, technical development, advanced training, and education.
Infrastructures and services
- Access to a sustainable supercomputing and BigData infrastructure
- Access to Virtual Machine resources
- Technical Support to create knowledge in data science and artificial intelligence
- Technical Support in managing and deploying data science infrastructures, development and testing of hardware, and software applied research focused in CPS and IoT
- Support to create and adopt cutting-edge technologies to provide innovative Data-Driven and AI-based solutions
- Joint experiments regarding Big Data Analytics, Edge Computing, Machine Learning, and Metaheuristics
- Design and develop big data clusters with data management best-practices and design, implement and use of IDS based solutions
- Support in applying Blockchain technologies to CPS/IoT applications
- Consultancy and participation in EU and national projects and prototypes development and demonstration
- Access to acceleration services: INCUBATION; COACHING ; INTERNATIONAL ; and LABs
- Access to training programs and teams capacitation with the most advanced big data management, analytics and visualization, IoT and simulations knowledge and technologies
- Support knowledge transfer between scientific and technological system entities and companies:
- Knowledge areas: Adaptive Business Intelligence, Intelligent Decision Support Systems, Data Mining, Intelligent Data Analysis, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Analytics and Big Data Analytics.