Bring data close to the computing to exploit it efficiently. Publish a dataset and make it available to a specific community or worldwide across federated sites.
- Discovery of data via a central portal
- Access to data conforming to required policies which may be: 1) unauthenticated open access; 2) access after user registration or 3) access restricted to members of a Virtual Organization (VO). This access may be via a GUI (e.g. a webpage) or an API (e.g. programmatic access to the data)
- Replication of data from data providers for resiliency and availability purposes. Replication may take place either on demand or automatically.
- Access to data from the AppDB to enable VOs to associate appropriate data with matching Virtual Appliances
- Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure (AAI) integration between the EGI DataHub and with other EGI components and with user communities existing infrastructure
- File catalog to track replication of data: logical and physical file
SPECIAL ACCESS CONDITIONS
Access via EGI checkin AAI, which allows access via federated identities including social media accounts.