Cloud Compute gives you the ability to deploy and scale virtual machines on-demand. It offers guaranteed computational resources in a secure and isolated environment with standard API access, without the overhead of managing physical servers.
Cloud Compute offers the possibility to select pre-configured virtual appliances (e.g. CPU, memory, disk, operating system or software) from a catalogue replicated across all EGI cloud providers. It gives you also the ability to deploy and scale Docker containers on-demand. It offers guaranteed computational resources in a secure and isolated environment with standard API access, without the overhead of managing the operating system.
Several options available:
- - Base performance instance type.
● Accessible in opportunistic or reserved ways
● CPU cores could be overcommitted
● Web services
● Development environments
● Building server
● Small database
● Test environments
- - Compute-intensive instance
Optimised Instance for computing tasks.
● High performance CPU cores
● Until 64 CPU cores
● Real CPU cores (no overcommitted)
● Low latency network
● Reserved instances
● Batch computing
● High-performance applications and web services
● Distributed analysis
● Video Encoding
- - high-memory instance
Optimised instances for tasks that require more memory relative to virtual CPUs.
● High amount of RAM for CPU core.
● Until 240 GB of RAM in total.
● Reserved instances
● Running in-memory database
● Running in-memory stores (e.g. redis, memcached)
● In-memory big data processing engines (e.g. Apache Spark).
- - GPU instance
● 1 or 2 GPU cores
● 8 CPU cores for each GPU core
● Large memory
● graphics and general purpose GPU compute applications
SPECIAL ACCESS CONDITIONS
Access via EGI checkin AAI, which allows access via federated identities including social media accounts.
- Service hosting: the EGI Cloud Compute can be used to host any IT service as web servers, databases, etc. Cloud features, as elasticity, can help users to provide better performance and reliable services.
- Compute and data intensive applications: for those applications needing considerable amount of resources in terms of computation and/or memory and/or intensive I/O. Ad-hoc computing environments can be created in the EGI cloud providers to satisfy extremely intensive HW resource requirements.
- Datasets repository: the EGI Cloud can be used to store and manage large datasets exploiting the large amount of disk storage available in the Federation.
- Disposable and testing environments: environments for training or testing new developments.
SERVICE CAN BE COMBINED WITH
EGI Big Data Storage Any service can basically be deployed on Virtual machines hosted on EGI Cloud compute. Any service exposing data accessible remotely.