Online Storage allows you to store data in a reliable and high-quality environment and share it across distributed teams. Your data can be accessed through different standard protocols and can be replicated across different providers to increase fault-tolerance.
The Service comprises 3 options:
- Block Storage: Block-level storage solution that allows you to expand the storage capacity of your instances in the EGI Federated Cloud. This means you can increase your storage without increasing the size or capacity of your instance or by provisioning new ones.
Once you mount and format your drive, you can use it just like a regular hard drive attached to your server. Or you can detach your block storage volume from one server and attach it to another. Or you can delete your server, keeping your data intact and ready for the next time you need it.
- File storage:Highly scalable storage system accessible from anywhere allowing
to easily share data through different standard interfaces.
It assigns global identifiers to files and allows to organise
your data using a flexible hierarchical structure.
- Object storage: Object storage manages data as objects. Each object includes the data itself, a variable amount of metadata, and a globally unique identifier.
Cloud object storage allows relatively inexpensive,
scalable and self-healing retention of massive amounts of unstructured data
SPECIAL ACCESS CONDITIONS
Depending on the service option: Access via EGI checkin AAI, which allows federated identities including social accounts.;Access via X509 certificate
- Assign global identifiers to files
- Access highly-scalable storage from anywhere
- Control the data you share
- Organise your data using a flexible hierarchical structure