Experimental Compute Cloud (ECC) is a web service that provides access to compute capacity in ICE Datacenter. Deploy and manage virtual-machines, bare-metal servers and surrounding resources via an easy to use self-service portal.
Experimental Compute Cloud (ECC) is a web service that provides secure access to compute capacity in ICE Datacenter. The straightforward and user-friendly web portal makes it a breeze to deploy and manage your software stack for development, research and testing purposes.
Data is stored securely on a fast and reliable SUSE Enterprise Storage Ceph cluster. All servers are staged upon deployment that give you convenient and secure access using the same SSH private key.
- Virtual Servers Deploy virtual servers running on OpenCompute hardware using 4 simple steps in web portal:
1. Choose flavor from sizes from tiny: 1 CPU, 1 GB RAM to mega 24 CPU and 128GB RAM.
2. Choose operating system flavor: ubuntu versions, centos etc.
3. Use slider to choose root-disk size from 50GiB to 16 TiB.
4. Choose a name and click deploy.
When your virtual machine is deployed you can enable remote access to it giving you SSH/RDP access. Also, you can access your instance using the built-in web SSH terminal. If the initial resources are not enough you can resize the VM.
- Ceph storage volumes Create volumes on our fast and redundant SES cluster which you then can attach to any virtual server. Move the volume from one VM to another. Create snapshots of volumes as backup. Create new volumes from taken snapshots.
- Bare-Metal servers We have a number for different types of bare-metal servers to choose from. Deploying a bare-metal server is as easy as:
1. Choose server type
2. Choose operating system
3. Click deploy
A deployed server is accessible using SSH or built-in SSH web terminal. If something bad happens to it, you can let boot the server in rescue-mode to be able to fix issues.
- Public IP
If you want to host services on your server then you can attach a public IP address to it.
SPECIAL ACCESS CONDITIONS
Setup software stack for data collection and machine learning.
SERVICE CAN BE COMBINED WITH
ICE Kubernetes Cluster. RISE ICE Access to Earth Observation Data – Sentinel-2. RISE ICE Access to Earth Observation Data – Sentinel-3.